2016 ESIS Annual General Meeting Announcement
This is to advise you of the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of the East Shore Internet Society (ESIS).
The details of this meeting are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Time: 7:00 – 9:00pm
Location: Crawford Bay Hall
Document for your review:
Based on the AGM survey responses, at the meeting members will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about ESIS operations (org structure, network speeds, packages, costs, etc.), finances (2014/15), and communications;
- Hear about the Connecting Canadians Project, its timelines, finances, impact for subscriber and projected outputs regarding speed / costs;
- Ask questions about the operations and finances of the ESIS;
- Speak about any items on the agenda;
- Vote on any resolutions proposed;
- And other business.
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote to:Accept the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting;
- Accept the annual financial statements;
- ESIS Resolutions;
- Elect directors.
The following special resolutions will be proposed at the Annual General Meeting:
- That, with the exception of Dan Séguin, the current Board members be re-elected for a second term in order to maintain consistency in the delivery of the Connecting Canadians project.
- Grandfathering of packages: vote to discontinue the discount for annual payment.
- Membership dues review
The East Shore Internet Society Board